How You Can Contribute
There are several things that corporate businesses can do to assist with crerating a better and cleaner environment, but individuals can also contribute in some of the following methods:
- Set up a small box under your desk at work and start collecting aluminium cans, plastic and paper.
- Put different colour refuse bags or bins inside or outside your home, and mark them e.g. glass, plastic, aluminium cans and paper.
- Buy goods that indicate that the products have been made from recycled materials.
- Extend the lifecycle of common household products by reusing them - glass food jars, plastic containers, etc.
- Save your plastic grocery bags and reuse them when doing grocery shopping in the future.
- Take your commonly recycled products, e.g. paper, plastic, glass and alluminium cans to your local recycle centre to get sorted and shipped for processing.
- Separate recyclables and food waste at home - . i.e. black bags for food waste and orange bags for recyclables.
Protonka Recycling CC are compliant with the National Environmental Management Waste Act 2008 (no.59 of 2008).